Hey everyone! I’ll be kicking off the start of 2019 with some exciting news! I am now officially the newest member of the Pittsburgh VMUG Leadership Team! Though I’m technically the rookie of the group, I’ll be helping the other leaders plan meetings, find venues, coordinate food and drink, find presenters, find sponsors, and of course, set the meeting dates (among other things). I know I’ll need quite a bit of guidance at first, but I also know I have a great team that’s here to help!
So why did I want to become a VMUG Leader? Years ago, when I first started coming to these meetings, I was just as an attendee looking to learn what I could from others. Over time, I kept seeing familiar faces and began making friends. Then in October 2017, I was finally convinced to give a community presentation about how I learned PowerCLI. That changed everything! After that talk, I wanted to:
- Get even more involved in the vCommunity
- Share even more knowledge and experiences with others
- Help others overcome fear presenting in front of others
- Help others grow and excel in their careers
- Attend other VMUGs outside of my region to learn more and meet others
- And of course, continue learning